Annotation
.
.
Abortion 'leaves mental legacy'. Monday, 12 December 2005.BBC News
< http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4520576.stm>
< http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4520576.stm>
According to University of Oslo researchers, this article reveals the side effect of abortion. Not only the physical damage but psychology trauma, women after abortion would have some symptom. Abortion had a much longer lasting negative effect.
It compares two groups, one is the miscarriage; the other is the abortion group. The group finds that after ten days, 47.5% of miscarried women suffered mental distress compared with 30% of the abortion group. However, the percentage between miscarriage and abortion groups change surprisingly in six months to five year. The abortion group still suffers mental distress with time goes by. Besides, the researchers also mention that women who had an abortion have to make the best to avoid thinking about the event.
In my personal view, I think the research helps my position. Lots of countries allow women to abortion; however, is it helpful to the essence of problem? The opposite might give the example that the girls who are rapped should go to the abortion. Nevertheless, I think the proper psychology assistance is much more important in those cases. Or they connect the rapped events and abortion easily. In short, I think it plays much role to cure one’s mental health.
One of the researchers says: "It has always been considered, and this study also shows, that the decision to terminate may bring with it long-standing feelings of anxiety and guilt.” (P.?)
Revise:
Abortion 'leaves mental legacy'.(Monday12 December 2005)BBC News< http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4520576.stm>
According to University of Oslo researchers, the side effect of abortion is not only the physical damage but psychology trauma; women after abortion would have some symptom. Abortion had a much longer lasting negative effect.
I think the article can combine with the video” The eclipse of reason”. Because most of us don’t know the condition in abortion progress, the article just points out abortion has a much longer negative mental illness.
I used to ask my mother about pregnancy. She said that once she had a miscarriage experience, and it suffered her in that time. But after so many years,she still is not sorry about the miscarriage. Miscarriage only causes temporally illness. Instead, when I watch some other documentary about abortion teenagers, I can’t describe their confusion. I think that’s the symptoms that the article mentions about. In my opining, proper assistance is more important than going to abortion directly. I think it plays much role to cure one’s mental health.
In other sense, government should pay more attention in abortion topic; it can cause impact in society. Government should root some basic sex concepts since the kids in primary school. I think avoiding abortion in advanced is more essential than “encourage” them to abortion because the pressure from society. If they are not still carefulto be pregnant, I think social workers and parents should help them out, especially parents.
1 comment:
Try to cite the resource of the article in a more formal way; figure it out in "Steps to Writing Well." Emma said that we do not need to post the whole article on the blog. You just need to make a brief concept of the article.
Post a Comment