Friday, January 9, 2009

Q [presentation for final paper]

1. Paper outlines including the title and 1-3 keywords (e.g., euthanasia, gay and lesbian marriage, animal rights, etc). Do you search information using these keywords? In English or Chinese? Why?

A: My main outline includes abortion, and I would quote others to persuade others by using lot of science research and essay. The key words are the mental help, and psychology of abortion. Most information are English, because there are much more information what I want in the foreign website.
2. 4 full citations (see the previous email for the APA formats) including library and Web sources and their intended audiences (e.g., general, academic, customers, peers and friends, other). Are you satisfied with the quality of these resources? What difficulty do you encounter?
A: These annotations information I use is Eclipse of Reason. Bernard N. Nathanson. Jan, 1985, The effects of abortion. Lisa Tolin. Psychology Today, Jul/Aug 97,
Abortion 'leaves mental legacy. 12 December 2005. BBC News,
, and Abortion and psychology. May 17, 2007. Washington Times<http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2007/may/17/20070517-100743-6250r/>.
They all comes from Internet, for I choose the research papers on abortion and some news reported by some media. For most of all, I think they can support my own position. They are useful. However, I think the searching is much more difficult. From so such the results of Google, you must look at the article and then decide to choose it or not. Sometimes if you can’t find what you want, you may be frustrated.

3. How do you use these sources to support your own argument/opinions or as references for facts? Do you quote some words, phrases, or sentences directly from the original texts or paraphrase them?
A: Most of the resource I use is research or video. I think they have the truth and also not strong position about abortion, excluding the video. But I would choose the one which is proper for my position.
4. What revisions have you made compared to your annotations? What drives you to make revisions? Do you polish your language and pay attention to cohesion and coherence in your final paper?

A: I think when I write annotation, it’s part of my final paper. So maybe 4-5 revision. The peer feedback and advice would drive me to revise. It can point up my weakness. I learn how to polish my writing by “slowing down” my speed of writing and use right phrase to describe in semester. For the real final paper, I would examine overtimes to have the coherence in the paper. For the version now, I don’t have strong coherence between different issues. So I think the next revision, I should pay more attention on it.
5. What perspectives have you changed compared to your issue paper? Did you add your peer's opinions? Why or why not?
A:I think Elsa gives me some other position view.

No comments: